February 5, 2010

Old School Valentine's

I was checking out a new flea market in town with my AIL and came across these adorable old school valentine's cards.  They are so cute and when I looked at them closer, they were definately the ones that we took to school on heart day and gave to everyone in our class.  All three of these were to Eugene from three of his male classmates.  I thought that was kind of odd, but I remember writing cards to other girls in my classes when I was in elementary school.  (Guess it isn't that odd after all.)




So, I came up with this little idea on how to display them.  Nothing original or anything like that I am sure, but I like them and they go with my decor a whole lot better than red and pink.

I picked up three real expensive frames, at the dollar tree and removed the glass and backing.  It doesn't matter that they don't match.  I am going to spray paint them.  I was more intrigued by the details on the frames themselves.


I took them into my garage and spray painted them a satin almond color.  In case you can't imagine what that looks like....here is a pic of that.  =)



Once those frames dried, I brushed the frames with my antiquing glaze and then wiped off to achieve the look that I wanted.  I then took strips of ribbon and glued them onto the backing of the frames.  Once I got them all glued down I placed the valentine's on top of the backing and re-inserted the glass and backing into the painted, antiqued frames.  This is how it turned out.




Up close photos...





I think that they are pretty cute.  Thanks for looking.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...