I know, it still needs a little something, right?! But isn't that an improvement? The Bahama sea blue doesn't seem to be so in-your-face now does it?!
Now, I need to install the handles on the drawers. The handles that were attached, which you can't see in the first pic because I had already removed them, were missing pieces, so I only really had two whole handles for four handles. Can't add it up to make it work right. I was in Overland Park, KS a few months back visiting my Auntie CC, she took us to a wonderful little boutique of handmade clothing, jewelry, and furniture. I saw this idea and HAD to try it out on something. I think that this is the time to try it out.
I really wanted to use sisal rope for the handles, but the holes in the drawers were so small, I just didn't want to drill bigger holes for the fact that I may want to change them in the future. So, I just took Jute Twine and braided three pieces to make the handles more substantial. I like the added texture to the dresser that they give. I'm not really digging the wheels on the legs, but I couldn't get them out. Those suckers are rusted into the legs. I was afraid of what might be waiting for me if I did remove them. So I will just have to deal with them for a while.
My renovation was a success as far as I am concerned. I'll try to keep you updated on the many plans I have in store for the entry way.
Thanks for looking! Happy Fall, Y'all!!