April 18, 2011

CardioTrainer

So, I have been walking now for a week.  4 days in all, I know, not much, but it is a start.

Sir was asking about how many miles I was walking a day.

I have no idea.  Just walk for 30 minutes.

"Well, you know, I'm sure there is an app on your phone that could tell you."

Oh, duh!  Didn't think about that!

So, I was checking out the apps (the free ones, I'm cheap!) and came across one called the CardioTrainer.

It is free and I really, really like it!

I set my distance that I wanted to walk and set my weight and off I went.

In 25 minutes I walked 1.9 miles, walked 4.5 miles per hour and burned 187 calories.

It talked to me and really motivated me to step up my pace.  And, I could listen to my music as well.  Suhweet!

Anyway, I am still doing good.  Walking strong!

The kiddos had "Doughnuts with Dad" this morning at school.  It was a little celebration for all the kids and their dads that have participated in the "Watch D.O.G.S." program.  They were pretty excited.

And the Relay Recess wasn't as big of a hit as we had hoped.  The weather didn't cooperate with us at all.  The high was 53 degrees and that wasn't until about 5 o'clock.  We nixed the dunk tank because we didn't want anyone to catch pneumonia.  But I do think that we still made a profit.  Haven't heard the final donation amount, but I'm pretty sure we made over $100.  Better than nothing!

Thanks for reading today.  Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...