May 6, 2009



This is my son's favorite picture that he has taken, EVER! Remember, he is only 5, but he did do a pretty good job. This picture was taken last fall in the front yard at our house. Choco looks kind of evil with the glowing eyes, but he was such a sweet puppy. Yes, I did say puppy! He had just turned 2 right before he got hit by a car on the highway in front of our house. It was so sad and I bawled because he was my son's dog and I had to explain what had happened to him. Man that was a tough time!

Then there is our lovely Chow Chow, Zeus. Zeus was Jeff's best friend since he was 19 years old. Jeff says that Zeus probably kept him out of a lot of trouble because he always had to come home to take care of him. Thank God for Zeus! He was such a good loving dog. I miss him something terrible. I know he was my husbands dog, but I knew him for the last 7 years of his life. He was 13 1/2 years old when we finally had to put him down this past Monday.

As I sit here crying, I can't get the image of his poor broken body laying on the garage floor. He had been walking with three legs for quite a few months now, ever since Choco died. He had really bad arthritis in his right rear leg and had a really hard time getting up from laying down. He had really started to let himself go, not cleaning himself, losing control of his bladder and such. It really was sad to watch to happen, but he still got around pretty good for his condition and never really seemed to be in a lot of pain.

Well, this past Saturday, something happened that caused him to go down hill fast. He wasn't using his back legs at all and he was dragging himself around. He got himself into the garage and there he laid. He cried in pain all day Sunday and all that night. He wouldn't really eat and just couldn't seem to get comfortable. So, we did what we thought was the most humane thing to do, we put him down. MAN, that is hard to do. I've never had to do it before, but I would rather not have to go thru it again. I cried like a baby off and on all day Monday.

My husbands best friend from the past 13 years is gone and I am the one who was a mess. I am sure Jeff is hurting. Guys, they just never show emotions like women do, do they?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...