June 29, 2009

Super Cute Invitations

Well, I have been busy getting things ready for Sis's first big kids birthday party. She will be 4 and is wanting to have a sleep over so bad she can hardly see straight! Seriously! I keep telling her "No", that she and her friends aren't quite ready for that yet. I can just see it now, 8:30 at night they will all be wanting to go home or crying because they miss their mom. They are just so young, and I don't know that many parents that would let their youngster spend the night anyway.

So, we have compromised, we are going to have a "pretend" slumber party. Everyone is supposed to come in their pajama's with a stuffed animal. We are going to have the party in the evening so that once the party is over, mom can take the kiddo straight home and tuck them in for the night. I think it is a good compromise.

So then come all the little details, cake, decorations, invitations, who to invite, etc. We have found an adorable cake online that is a bed with little kiddos snuggled underneath the blankets at http://jas.familyfun.go.com/recipefinder/display?id=50198. The decorations are going to be pretty easy, pillows and more pillows. Invitations, well, I found the cutest idea online at http://www.parents.com/fun/birthdays/themes/pajama-birthday-bash/. I was a little scared at first to make them, but then once I got it, it was a piece of cake and they turned out so super cute!

On the website they had a little brunette, so I decided to make Sis's a little blonde in cute little night gowns with all the party information on them. Then, I didn't get a picture of this, but I made directions to our house on a different sheet of paper and tucked that underneath the arms, like a bed sheet. I was rather impressed with myself. Now, I just have to come up with something for CX's party!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...