June 29, 2009

To Tell the Tooth


Well, it is official....my baby boy is becoming a man, slowly but surely. He finally lost his first tooth on Saturday morning. He was eating a pop-tart, (I know, the breakfast of champions!) and came running up to Jeff and me screaming "I almost ate it!" Thank goodness he didn't. I was not looking forward to having to watch for it, if he had.


That boy is such a tender little one. He babied that tooth for over a month! Never wanting anyone to wiggle it, never wanting to bite into an apple, or even a sticky piece of candy. He was kind of nervous about what was actually happening, I think.


Anyway, that evening we put the tooth under his pillow for the tooth fairy. By the way, does anyone know what those things go for now?! Jeff and I were clueless, 50 cents, a dollar maybe? One mom I know gave her son 5 bucks for one! Are you kidding me?!?!??! When I was little, I remember getting a quarter or if it was one that really hurt coming out, I got a 50 cent piece. Of course, that was a few years back. Well, we decided on a dollar and that Sunday morning, you would have thought that he had found a 100 dollar bill under that pillow!


He is so stinking cute with his little hole in his smile! It just makes it all the more clear, just how fast he is growing up. I am happy that I get to experience this process, but it also makes me sad to see my sweet little boy disappear. I am truly blessed to watch him turn into a young man right before me eyes. God blesses us in so many ways everyday that sometimes I forget just how lucky I am to be a mom, to be CX and Sis's mom.

1 comment:

  1. Autumn!!! This is Holly, your college buddy. On a whim, I decided to google you to see what I found, and lo and behold I found this. :) What a great thing. I would love to get back in touch, but think I have a wrong email for you. If you get time, I would be SO EXCITED to hear from you! My email is hpeiffer@msn.com. Can't wait. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...