August 19, 2009

Wienies

We recently ventured to Silver Dollar City as part of our family vacation. We thought that the children would absolutely have a blast there and since it had been several years since either Jeff or I had been, we thought that it would be a perfect fit for the vacation this year. Needless did we know that our children are wienies! Yep, wienies!
We couldn't have picked a more perfect day for the park. It had rained the day before and it was supposed to rain again that day, but we braved it anyway. There weren't as many people there as I had expected. (Don't get me wrong, there were still hundreds of people there!) We didn't have to wait in line for much of anything except the second ride that we went on, and that should have been our warning sign!

If you've never been to "steal" your dollar city, than you won't know what I am talking about, but the second ride that we went on was the "water toboggan". Hence, the name water, never really soaked in quite the way it should have.

Once we finally got onto the ride and they pushed us down the slide it all started to soak in, literally. I have to admit, I was cursing my husband in my head as I am sitting in the front of my two children and him thinking, he better be just as wet as I am or I am going to raise some hell! My shorts were wet before we even got pushed down the slide.

As soon as we stopped I jumped out and saw Jeff drenched from head to toe, except for where his hat was on his head and I started to feel better about myself. Then I looked to my babies and noticed that they looked like little drowned rats. I couldn't help myself, I laughed and laughed at them.

That's when the wienies kicked into gear. "I'm ready to go back to the condo now! I'm wet, I don't want to be wet! I want to leave!" and all in that real whiny, high pitched voice that kids do! Are you really serious!?!??! You have got to be kidding me! Almost all the rides there include water as some aspect of them. It was only noon and we had only been on two rides!

Jeff and I told them to buck up and deal. I even had to buck up and deal. When we left at 7 that night, my clothes were still soaked! Even my undies!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...