November 4, 2009

Challenge, week 1

Okay, so I mentioned in a post earlier that one of the blogs I follow is hosting a recipe challenge.  Well, I tried one the last night, the Maple-Walnut Chicken.  Okay, I didn't follow the recipe exactly as instructed.  I am not a big one for cooked spinach, unless it is in a casserole or something similar, so I nixed that right off of the bat.  I made the chicken as directed, with a side of french style green beans and mushroom rice.  The dinner looked very pretty and smelled pretty good.....BUT it wasn't all that great.  My kids ate it, but with ketchup and country Bob's sauce.  Lil sis said that it even was spicy, really?!  So, I am not that impressed with it.  You can try it and might like it.  It really wasn't that hard to make at all or that expensive.  I had the majority of the ingredients in my pantry, except for the fresh thyme leaves.  I think that I am going to try the Banana Sour-Cream Cake.  I should have listened to my gut and gone with my first pick.  I think that it will be yummy.  I'll keep you updated.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the tip- I am cooking that tonight- maybe I should have mac n' cheese waiting on the sidelines!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...