November 4, 2009

Voting

Yesterday morning I was watching the news while getting ready for my normal routine of getting kids on the bus and myself around when something they said caught me totally off guard.  Okay, get this, it was voting day and they were taking a poll to see how many people planned on going to the polls to vote on the issues at hand.  Well, get this, seriously this drives me bonkers and I can't hardly comprehend this, but more people said that they weren't going to the polls to vote.  That's not really what thru me.  It was the fact that they would vote online to tell people that they weren't voting, but wouldn't get off of their tushes to actually vote for something that would affect them.  Wow!!!  Are you kidding me?!?! 

That is what is wrong with the United States right now.  Everyone expects everything, but nobody wants to get off of their tushes and do anything about it.  Jeez!!!  Sorry, I am ranting, but really, are we that spoiled?!?!?  People in other countries are dying to get the right to vote and to help make these important decisions, but we actually have the right to vote and we don't?  No wonder other countries don't like us.  I don't even know if I like us. 

I did vote and there was only ONE question or issue on my ballot, so it wasn't a huge deal, actually it was.  But the fact that however many people taking that poll yesterday morning, over 48% said that they weren't going to vote just blew me away.   I guess it shouldn't surprise me, seeing as our country is in huge need of repair and don't get me wrong, I have no idea how to fix things and I am not saying that I do, but maybe if we looked at ourselves in the mirror more often we wouldn't be in the situations that we are  in right now. 

Okay, I am getting even more peeved right now.  I am done and will now get off of my soap box.  Sorry if this offends anyone.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...