November 17, 2009

Sweetness

Last night as I was cooking dinner and getting the kids ready to go to the basketball game with daddy, I noticed that I could see both of their cute little heads over the top of the bar.  I guess I had not noticed that before, but it made me sad.

I asked both of them to please stop growing and stay my little babies.  (Yes, they are 6 and 4, but they will always be my babies.)  And CX said every so sweetly, "Momma, even when I am grown up and an adult with kids of my own I will still be your baby."  Um, choked up and teary eyed is what followed after that. 

Then I get this from CX, "What is wrong with you?  You are so weird, mom!" 

Yes, I know.  One day you will be weird like me, as well. 

I had to share this because you think that you will remember all of the cute and amazing things that they do and say, and honestly, you don't.  It's not that it's not important, it's just that we have such a limited space of memory.  But if I can only remember the sweetness of each of them and how they smile at me and how they look so sweet when they are asleep, I think I will be good.

God has blessed me beyond anything I could have ever imagined with my husband and my children.  I never dreamed that I would have the life that I have and I thank God every day for all the blessings He has given to me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...