January 6, 2010

My new addiction

So, for those of you that don't know me personally, I spent the majority of Thanksgiving week with my BIL and his wife in Roswell, NM.  It was a really nice time, but man, that drive is a killer.  12 hours in the car with your children is not my idea of a good time.

Anyway, my SIL made this wonderful dinner for us on Thanksgiving and the only recipe that she had made before were these incredible green beans with bacon and chili sauce...don't knock it til you try it!  But everything else that she made, she got the recipes from this site called Recipezaar

Now, I thought that I had ran across a few recipe sites in my times, but never this one.  I checked it out and have been trying all kinds of recipes!  I even mentioned it to my friend, Aimus, and she is the conicere of recipes and cookbooks and had never heard of it either.  Wow!  Well, I turned her onto it, and she likes it as well. 

You don't have to join to use the site, but if you join, you can make menus, detailed grocery lists (my biggest pet peeve of the menu planning), check out over 300,000 recipes from all over the world and you can specify an ingredient and they will bring up recipes for it.  (I live in the boonies and we have venison; deer, in our freezer and I never know what to do with it).

So for the past three nights, I have made dishes from this site and they have gone over very well.  Last night, CX didn't care for it half-way thru it, but Lil sis inhaled hers!  They have a place where you can filter if you want a kid pleasing meal as well.  Seriously, I am hooked.  Check it out here if you need a recipe.  You will be amazed and possibly overloaded.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...