January 22, 2010

What is "ove"?

Last week I was walking around Michael's wanting to make something for Valentine's Day for my house.  I don't have much decorations except for a few candles for the holiday.  So as I was walking around I came up with a great idea, or so I thought.  Well, I bought four pictures frames $1 each, four wooden plaques $.59 each, four wooden caps $1.19 for two, and two wooden spindles $.79 each.  I already had two taller wooden spindles at home, and I bought the 4" letters "o", "v", & "e" for $.99 each.  They were out of "l".  Not a biggie.  Valentine's day is still a month away, they should be getting them in soon. 

Here is all the supplies I have for this project...

I took the spindles and glued them to the plaques with E6000 adhesive.  Then I took the end caps and glued them to the top center of the picture frames.  Once that set I glued the picture frames onto the spindles.  I had to prop the picture frames so that they wouldn't tip over. 



Once the glue dried, I took them into my garage and spray painted them matte black.  I didn't take a picture of it, but you can just imagine them black, can't you?!?

Then I took my three letters and spray painted them a sandstone color.


Once they dried, which was very fast, I took my antique glaze and brushed it over the letters.  Then I wiped the excess off.  Sorry, these pictures did not turn out well at all, so I am not sharing.

Once that dried, I took my E6000 and glued the letters to the picture frames.  Once those dried I took a piece of jute twine and tied a bow on the "v".  I then took two wooden hearts that I had and hot glued them to the loose ends of the bow. 

This is what I have now.  I wanted some decorations that I could keep up all year long if I wanted too.



I really like the way that it turned out, but I need that "l".  Every time that I am in big town, I run into Michael's to see if they have my "l" for me.  They have been out for two weeks and don't really know when they are getting anymore in.  Really!?!?!  Great, now what do I do?  Well, I went ahead and put it out, because I really do like it, but now every time CX walks by it I hear, "Hey mom.  What is ove?"  I could just pinch his little head off, smart bottom!  If I ever get my "l", I'll update my post.  Keep your fingers crossed for me.


Updated!!!!!

I happened to be in a neighboring town when I noticed that there was a Michael's just on the other side of the road.  I quickly ran in to just check to see if they had my "l" in.  I didn't really think that I was going to be so lucky, but there it was!  AHHH!!  Yea!  That was the cheapest that I have ever walked out of a Michael's store.  I didn't have time to do much else, but I did get it!  Here is the finished product.  What do you think?  Is it better with the "l"?!?!?!


I am happy now that my project is complete!  Hope you enjoyed it!

1 comment:

  1. You are soooo creative. I'm constantly amazed with your ideas.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...