February 24, 2010

day 20

Once again, out my front door.

Here they are building the roof on the garage and adding the eave.
You can see the massive room above the garage now that part of the roof is on.
Putting the roof onto the garage and one side of the eave.
This is a view of the retaining wall that we have to build because of the grade of the yard.
Now, when I came around the corner to see this, I about pooed my britches.  This is the deck that my husband and a friend of his built with their own two hands.  It is pretty cool and the framers have cut into it!!  AHHHH!  I know that it is hard to see in this picture, but you can see where they have put braces on it, since they cut it off of the house.  (Had to since we are bricking the back of the house, but holy smoke!)
A closer view of the destruction of the deck.  Hubby was totally cool with it.  I think I had a harder time with it than he did.  Still look at it everyday out of my kitchen window and can't believe it.  Good thing it's not summer time and we are constantly out on our deck cooking and what not.

Til tomorrow, or whenever I update again.  Thanks for keeping up with me.





No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...