October 20, 2010

10 dollar bill, y'all!

I just wanted to share my mommas great find that she found at the flea market the other day.  She was looking for some nightstands for her bedroom, but didn't want to spend a fortune on them.  So, we hit the markets and found these beauts for ten smackers!  Yep, we are tight!


They were a little rough around the edges and had mysterious feathers in them, but for 5 bucks a piece, who can complain.  They just need some love.


So momma bought some spray paint, thanks to me.  She was going to just buy regular paint and I told her how fast and awesome spray paint is for re-purposing furniture.  Especially the fast part!


Here is the first coat of spray paint.  Yep, it took her two and a half cans of spray paint for both tables.


Then she sprayed the hardware.  She's not really a gold kinda gal.  Plus her room is grey, black and red; so gold doesn't really flow with the color palette.


Nice work!


Here they are after two coats of paint and "new" hardware.  Not bad, not bad.


I think they still need a little sumpin, sumpin.  But it's not my house and it's not for me, so we'll see what she does.  I'll keep you posted if she adds something to them.

Thanks so much for stopping by today.  I've been busy working on Halloween costumes and will be showing them off soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...