October 21, 2010

Lil' Daphne skirt

Halloween is only 11 days away and I have got to get moving on these costumes.


Yes, my family is going as the Mystery Inc. Gang from Scooby-Doo.  Lil' Sis is going to be Daphne, since she loves purple.

I found a cute pair of purple capris at Target on clearance for $3.  Cheap-O!  Can't buy material for that price.


Then I was informed that Daphne doesn't wear pants.  Duh, mom!  She wears a dress.  We compromised and I am going to make a skirt out of these capris.

Are you ready?  Here we go.

First thing I did was rip out the seams on the inside of the legs. 


Then, I laid them flat on the side so that I could cut a straight edge on the legs.


Here is what it looked like after I made the cuts.



Then, I removed a little bit of the inseam so that I could pin the legs together to form a skirt.


Back view


Front view

I stitched the seams up and put a small hem on the skirt.



I thought it needed just a little something extra.  So I had some extra ric-rac left over and sewed it onto the hem of the skirt.


I think it looks pretty good.  Only 3 bucks, about 30 minutes and I don't have to spend 40 dollars on a costume.  Suh Weet!

Thanks for visiting my blog today.  Have a great day!

2 comments:

  1. the rick rack is my favorite part...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very cute! While reading 'O. the things they say..', I remembered what one of my girls used to say. When she saw me with my cross stitching, she'd ask, 'Doing your crotch knitting mom?' You just have to laugh. Have a great day!

    http://www.amaskellantics.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...