October 16, 2010

Burn, Baby, Burn

Those of you that have been following my blog know that we are adding on to our casa and then, once that addition is done, we will move into that part and start remodeling the old part.  I'm totally excited.

Anyway, now you are up to speed.

Sooo, I have this foyer that I am currently wanting to decorate.  Here she is with my pretty renovated chest.


Kind of blah....needs more color and of course, gotta finish those 5 tiles to the left.  Man, we are awful!

So, I want to stencil the wall and I went onto picnic and found a few designs that I liked, but finally narrowed it down to one. 



Now that I have my design, I have to make the stencil.

Here we go....I used these, just because I already had them.


You can use any kind of plastic sheeting.  I just was tight and didn't want to spend the 10 bucks for stencil material.

And you also need one of these.  They make this process soooo much easier.


What I did next was this.


I taped 4 of the sheets together so that it was large enough to cover my pattern.

Then, I sat down on the floor with a huge mirror on my lap, the pattern on top of that, and then the blank plastic sheet.  I used painters tape and taped the plastic to the pattern.  Then I traced the pattern onto the plastic.  I don't really know if this is necessary or not, but I did it anyway.  Sorry, no pic of this step. 

Now, I got the privilege of sitting on the floor with this mirror in my lap for 1 and 1/2 hours cutting out this stencil.  And receiving a few burns along the way.

Ignore the bad manicure and dry hands....I've been slaving on this puppy.
So, here is my stencil.


Now, I just have to decide which color for the stencil.  Too many decisions, but I think I have the hard part done. 

Maybe.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...