December 8, 2010

The Meaning of the Christmas Wreath

I found this the other day at goodwill and had to share it with everyone.  I thought that it was very insightful and explained a lot. 



Have you ever wondered why we all hang wreaths at Christmas time? I usually have something year round, but now after reading this, I will definitely have a wreath on my front door always.


 


This is what I found..."Every Christmas wreath is more than just a decoration...it's a special reminder of Jesus, the reason for our celebration.  The circle of a Christmas wreath is a never-ending ring, a reminder of eternal love from our Lord and King.  The Christmas wreath is a sign of welcome, inviting all to enter in...a reminder of Christ's invitation for all to come to Him.  The middle of a Christmas wreath is a bare and empty space, a reminder of what life would be without Christ's love and grace.  So each time you see a Christmas wreath hanging from a door, may your heart rejoice in the One that Christmas is truly for!"  -Holley Gerth.

The Lord bless you and keep you.
Numbers 6:24

I thought it was kind of cool and just had to share.  Every time I see a wreath it makes me smile now.

Have a great day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...