January 29, 2011

Funky Lamp

I've been checking flea markets and the goodwill for some funky lamps for my entryway from the garage into the casa.  Well, I never really found what I wanted.  So, of course, I had to make something out of what I could find.

This is the first part that I found.




I really liked the funkiness of the base but it would definitely need a face lift.

Then I was on the hunt for the shade.  I knew whatever I would find I would have to demolish and start over from scratch.  Well, as I was searching, I came across this bad boy and decided that it might seem odd, but I wouldn't have to put the effort of tearing it apart.  Plus I really liked the lines and the price!  Only $4.




I know...pics aren't so good, but if you look close you can see it.  Look real hard...need to borrow some glasses?!  I promise it's there!

So, here it is on the lamp base before.




So far I have sunk $14 in this bad boy...10 for the lamp and 4 for the shade.

Now, what to do with the shade.  Well, I had this idea and I had a ton of this stuff lying around, so I thought, eh, why not.




So, after watching my dvr'ed ( yeah, its a word!  I just added it to my spell check dictionary!  So there!) shows one night, or was it two, this is what I had.




Now, gotta pick a color for the base.  I was going to do grey (or is it gray?) but decided I wanted something with more color.  So, I opted for Bahama Sea Blue.




It dried very quickly, considering today was almost 60 degrees.  Crazy!

Here she is in all her glory.  Don't know how I feel about her.




What do you think?  Is the shade too big?  Does the base need to be a different color?  Do I need to find either a different shade or base for it?  Please, I need your help!  I'm at a cross roads right now.

Here she is all lit up.  I do like the shade, just don't know if she's got the right partner.




Please leave me comments.  I need some serious inspiration!

Thanks for stopping by.  Hope to hear from you all.

Now I'm thinking red...hmm.  HELP!







1 comment:

  1. I love the colors & texture you have going on. But your right, the shade is too big for the lamp. The base needs to have more showing for height & it should be bulkier. Red would look great as well. I can't wait to see what you decide on! Good luck with the inspiration :)
    ~Mary

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...