June 14, 2009

I AM A BAD BLOGGER!!

Okay, so for the record, I am the worst at this type of thing. I so want to keep up with it, but it seems like my life is so crazy right now, but I know if I placed my priorities in the right order, I would have plenty of time to write every day and keep you all up to date.
And, I need to be honest, I am having a time with my kiddos right now. I love them more than words, you moms know that you can't even describe the love for your little ones, but at the moment, I am really wanting to pop some cute little heads off!!! They try me and try me til I am in such a rage that I have to walk away from them and then as I walk off I hear them giggle! AGH!
I don't know if any of you have ever watched the show, "Worlds Strictest Parents", on CMT (no comments about the channel!), but it is really good. It is kind of like "Nanny 911" or "Super Nanny", but it is for teenagers and they get shipped off to this other house to live with this family for a week. Anyway, I keep seeing how these little things that my kids are doing now, how they can progress and become these unruly teenagers. The mouthiness, the disrespect, the ignoring, the messiness, the lack of motivation. It seriously scares me! I don't want my children to be like that. I know that they will be teenagers and that they will still be trying my patience, but the uncontrollable part of it is what scares me the most!
I just keep telling myself, "You have to nip it in the bud!" Sorry, I'm a country girl! I figure if I can get them lined out now, it won't be so bad later down the road because they will know what is expected of them.
Soooo....I am needing some input from you mommas out there. Any ideas of ways to curb the bossiness, the talking back and the lack of caring about their stuff? I actually just bagged up toys tonight because they had been on the floor for a week and no one wanted to take responsibility, so I got to pick them up, but now I get to do with them what I want. I am thinking Goodwill or Salvation Army!
Sorry, I needed to get that off of my chest. It is always better to let things out than hold them in. You might actually explode one day! Thanks for listening.

1 comment:

  1. One of my favorite quotes:

    There are thousands of different ways of parenting or schooling, but there is only one good attitude.

    Needless to say, a good attitude makes all the difference. I try to focus on that. I thought the part where "they both walked away giggling" was cute. But it does get under your skin when you want them to be serious =)

    Secondly, you can't parent out of fear. Oh, that one is so hard for me. "She's going to turn out just like me" God says fear God and nothing else. So, we just have to take Him at his word and train their little hearts to love everyone and obey their mommas and daddy's; that way they will obey God when they're older.

    Your a great mom Autumn.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...