October 10, 2009

Hand towel dresses

I know that this may not be the most new idea, but I had to try it.  I found this adorable idea here and had to try it, of course!  I found these dish towels at the dollar store and in the dollar bin at Target.  Gotta luv me some target!!  So, anyway, I took two dish towels turned them right sides together and sewed up the sides to about 7 1/2 inches from the top.  I then turned the top side over 1 inch to make a sleeve on each open end.  Sorry, I'm not much on sewing lingo, but I do know how to use my machine, a little!

So, now you have two sleeves at the top of each towel.  Turn your dress right side out and insert about a 30 inch piece of ribbon into each sleeve.  Tie at the shoulders, and, viola!  You have an adorable little dress for under 5 bucks and in under 30 minutes. 

Here is a picture of lil sis with it on.  She really liked it, but couldn't really walk around in it too well.  It was a little long for her.  I took about 4 inches off of the bottom of it and kind of tweaked it a little.  She absolutely adores the changes and wore it to preschool on Friday.

I just added a ruffle made from 2 of the 4 inches that I removed and I also added a little flower. It is hard to see in the picture, here is one close up.



Not too shabby for $2?!?!?

I still have to tweak the purple one.  I need to shorten it, and I need to figure out what to do about the back.  It has a black cat on the bum and I think that really screams dish towel.  Any ideas?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...