October 14, 2009

Two dollar wreath

I wanted to make a "spooky" wreath for my front door, but didn't want to spend a fortune on it.  I am a rather tight person when it comes to spending money.  So, I thought I would check out the dollar store to see what they had in store for me.  This is what I found, a bag of fall leaves (the bag said there was 90, but I only counted 81.  And I counted twice!)  and a floral wreath.  So far I have only invested two smackaroos!  I already had a can of black spray paint at home.

Then I sprayed the floral wreath and all the leaves with matte black spray paint.  Once it dried, which didn't take any time, I hot glued the leaves to the wreath along the sides and the front.  (I am thinking of buying another bag of leaves to finish off the back.)  Then I tied a piece of black ribbon to it.  I like it this way, but I feel that it needs a little "umph".
This is what it looks like before.  Don't you agree?!?!?  Needs something.
Then I won this cute little sign at Bunco the other night and I think it is the cutest thing!

So now I have this cute little sign and I thought, why not?  I'll add it to my 2 dollar wreath.  Now it has a little something extra and I still didn't invest anymore into it. 

I can't decide if I like it like this or if I need to put it on there differently.  Either way, not bad for $2!  I am thinking the dollar store is my new craft store.

1 comment:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...