October 25, 2010

Parent Letter

CX came home from school Friday with a note saying that he was going to be the "Weekly All Star" of his class next week.  Yea!  He was soooo excited!  Basically, the whole week revolves around them and it is a good chance for the teacher and other students to get to know each other a little bit better.

We sat down that evening and read all the instructions on what we had to do to make the week run smoothly for him and to make sure that all the T's are crossed and I's dotted.  First thing...he had to pick out three small things to take for the sharing bag.  Three things that had a special story behind them.  So he picked out his favorite stuffed animal "Bear" the lion, a tooth that he lost that evening and a picture from when we had our family vacation at Disney World in January.

Next, six photos to be displayed on the bulletin board for the whole week.  Wow, this one took a while for him to pick out.  But he ended up with a group picture of his friends from his last birthday party, a field trip picture from the zoo last year, a picture of zippy, a picture of him playing baseball, a Lego ship that he created all by himself and a picture of him at the Nascar race that we took him to this year for his birthday.

His favorite book.  "Skeleton meets the Mummy".  It's just a new book that he got and thought it would be cool to read to his class since it is so close to Halloween.

A note to have a buddy or parent each lunch with him during his special week.

And a parent letter.  AH CRAP!  Don't get me wrong....I absolutely adore my son and all.  But I am not one to brag on him.  I just don't feel right.  He is worthy of braggyness (is that a word?  It is now!), I just think everyone's child is worthy.  I dunno....I'm just weird.

So, it took my three tries and I am still not happy with the letter.  It is going to be read to the class and I don't want to embarrass him, but Dearest said to just write to him and he will be okay with it.  "He's a strong boy, he can handle it."

Alrighty!  Here it goes...

To my son CX,

Before there was you, I was just trying to figure out what to do with my life.  I thought I knew what I wanted to be, where I wanted my life to go.

Then you arrived and changed me forever.  You made me something I never knew I wanted to be, a mother.  Your mother.  You became my best friend in an instant.  You gave me a new heart to love with in ways I never knew I could.  You gave me a new set of eyes to see the world that I live in.

You are so inquisitive about everything.  You try to be the best that you can be at in all that you do.  You are the funniest when you aren't trying to be funny.  You are so protective of your little sister, even though she drives you crazy.  You make me so proud of you each and everyday.

When I look at you now, I still see my little man who loved wearing his Spider-man backpack everywhere that we would go.  The little guy who couldn't say his F's, so everything was always "Punny".  My little buddy who put a cookie on his head because he thought it would make his ouchie feel better.  My shopping partner who would tell me how cute something was.

No matter how tall you get or how old you grow, I will always be your mother and you will always be my baby boy.  I will love you no matter what you may or may not do.

So please, please, lets learn how to tie your shoes!

I think that should embarrass him pretty well and I fully expect a hit on the arm when he gets off of the bus.

  Oh well....our parents embarrassed us growing up.  Now it's my turn!

1 comment:

  1. You are an amazing mother and daughter and I am so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...