November 30, 2010

Lonesome projects

While I have been a hunting widower these past few weekends, I have been busy with projects.  Mostly for myself.  Sorry, can't help myself.  I have to make sure that they turn out adorable before I make them for others, right?!

So, I was inspired by this necklace and had to take it on and make it my own in a small sort of way.





If you are interested in how to make one for yourself, or one similar....check out Mandipity for the tutorial.


I had to make mine a little more rugged or heavy with the big linked chains.  It didn't take any time at all to make the charms...the longest was letting the glue dry.  And I didn't have any varnish, so I just mod podge the paper charms and then burned the edges to make them look more antiquey.

I also worked on an up cycle from a cardigan that I bought on clearance from Target last winter for $2, but I can't seem to be able to download my photos right now.  Maybe I have a bad connection, or a slow one probably.  I'll try again later to show that.

I also worked on Sir's closet in the bonus room.  Had to install shelving and what not so that we can move all the hunting gear into its new forever home.  It didn't take me very long, once I found all my tools.  Why is it when I need something I can't seem to find it?!  Annoying!





I installed this


Purchased it from Lowe's and it was the best $70 I spent.  Wish I would have gotten another one.  I still have quite a bit of wall that could use some shelves.  And I still have a ton of stuff to store.

Here is what it looks like right now...



This also stores the kiddos hunting stuff as well.  But no guns...Those bad boys are locked up in the gun safe downstairs.  Only Sir and I know the combo...gotta be safe with babies around, even if they do know how to handle them.






No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...