November 17, 2010

Team Peeta?!

Okay, I have to let you in on a little secret....ready?

I love reading young adult fiction.  I really enjoyed the "Twilight" Saga, but I am so over it now it isn't even funny.  So, my newest obsession is "The Hunger Games" by Suzanne Collins.

Oh My Gawsh!



If you liked Twilight, you will love this book.  And let me tell you what!  Katniss Everdeen could kick Bella Swan's a**!  Seriously!  This girl is awesome!  So strong and driven and not a woe is me type of character.  Don't get me wrong, I adore Bella, but I think she was so much stronger in the books than she is portrayed in the movies and don't even get me started on Edward.  Geesh!  Okay, that last comment probably drove a few of my readers away, but my Edward is sooooooo much better than the Edward that they cast.  I honestly don't think that there is anyone out there that could ever even compare to my Edward.

Any who, back to "The Hunger Games".  I am recommending it to all of you who enjoy a quick read and want to totally become engrossed in a book from the very first page.  Plus, if you have kiddos, you can read it fairly easily while they are running around and screaming for you.

Also, they are making this trilogy into a movie series.  They have to have something for the teeny boppers and twenty somethings to become engrossed in now that the Twilight saga is coming to an end.

I just wanted to share my two cents on this book.  I've only read the first book, "The Hunger Games", but I am asking for the other two books for Christmas.  If I can wait that long to read what happens next!

Check it out!  I don't think you will be disappointed.  If you do read it or have read it, let me know what you think.  I'm curious.  I had a total stranger come up to me at swimming lessons the other night and wanted to know what I thought about it, because she absolutely loved it!  I had to share my enthusiasm with her.  I inhaled it from the moment I opened the cover.

Thanks for stopping by.  See you tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...