March 10, 2011

What the?!?

I just had to share this.  And no, it is not gross!

I was sitting at my kitchen table the other day and heard the biggest THUD!

I just knew some punk kid had drove by and threw a cherry bomb or something at my house.

Seriously!  That is how loud it was!

I went outside to investigate.  My trusty guard dog by my side...she's oh so brave!

I rounded the corner of the house and this is what I found.




Yep!  It was a bird...a ladder woodpecker to be exact!
(I'm trying to impress you, is it working?!)

Anyway, Zippy was the big bad dog she is and decided to sniff the truth out of this bird.

The bird wasn't talking, just kept blinking his eyes and taking really deep, slow breaths.

I was investigating the scene when I came upon this.




Yeah, he couldn't deny it then.  He flew smack dab into my new window!  He was going after one of the trees in the background and thought he could get there before his buddies.  I heard them all laughing at him from the woods, the things we do to fit in!

So, I told him to not come back to the scene of the crime and fly away.

This is what I got.




Nada!  Zippy was pretty upset with him and kept trying to move him with her nose.  She was cussing up a storm too!  Good thing the kiddos weren't around when it was going on.
(For such a young dog, she sure does have a mouth on her!  Must get that from Sir!)

Zippy and I had to get back to file all the paperwork and such so we left.

About an hour later we went to see if the culprit was still there and he was gone!

Good thing, too!  I really think Zippy was thinking of having woodpecker for dinner.

Yet another case solved by Zippy!  Such a good guard dog!

Thanks for swinging by today, don't fly into my windows okay?  They are barely a year old!






Sorry, feeling kind of dorky today.  Had to run with it!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...